Friday, October 5, 2012

OK today is a new day and I feel, well, GREAT!  Guess I needed a day off from myself and the journey's work.  Back at the grind this morning early.  Did my 30 minute walk and hour swim and now ready for what the day is going to throw at me.  I am strong! I am tough!  I can do this!  I am only 2 months into this journey I still got at least 8 to go, maybe more.

I loaded my quilting software yesterday and am excited about working on some quilts.  I think it will get my hands busy with my mind, get my mind off the hardship of the journey and show me one of the things that use to make me very happy.  I found a long arm quilter to finish out the quilts and do the binding.  I think I will be using her for these next few quilts, she has a good price per square inch for it.  Someday I would love to have my own long arm machine and do the finishing, not sure I want to do the binding.  Well the binding how it really should be done, with the blind stitching.  I know that doing the double stitching with a fold back works but I think the blind stitched binding looks so much cleaner. 

The writings have been going steadily, they may not be master pieces but they do help get some of the stuff floating in my head out.  It gets pretty noisy in there sometimes; have to flush it to quiet it down every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment