Friday, October 26, 2012

Working from home today.  Bad day for my nose and head, Texas allergies are kicking my ass.  God I hate Texas!  Little to no sleep last night as I was trying to wrestle my own weak mind.  I did get up at 3:45 and go to the gym, walk and swim as usual.  I am trying to stay focused on the simple task of losing weight and not let my mind wander onto other topics that plague me right now.  No solutions for those other issues at the moment so its best just to let them stew until I am stronger or ready to deal with them.

I can see a difference in my belly (I know gross for most of you) but  I can see the difference almost 40 pounds has made.  It does give me hope for a thinner me.  I am very anxious for it but I know it will take time.  Time is all I got well, at least that's what it seems like.

We had dance class last night and we started the Swing dance (God I don't like it!)  It rates up there with the Cha Cha in step difficulty specially the double turns...step forward, rock back, turn the lady, step forward, rock back, step forward, take her back for another turn, rock back, step forward and dance together.  Seems easy enough, just try doing it FAST! and with all the hand motions.  I was confused, I think I got worse as I danced more! We did end the class with a Tango which made me feel better about the evening.  I just hate the small room and the constant turning when Tangoing.  Elaine was inviting everyone to a Swing dance on Sunday but I think we are opting out, not ready for swing and I got a quilt to finish ASAP.  This quilt is taking longer as I have to press every seam I sew before working on the next and there are 280 pieces.  Yike! Once I get them all together in to the columns then the process should speed up.  Still not looking forward to Tina's quilt with the trapezoids but it will get done.  I am trying to keep myself busy and be productive with those things I like or liked to do.

Oh, the number for today is 282.6  yup skipped over another number.  I like when I do that makes me want to skip and jump for joy.  My small goal is 280 and its just around the corner.  My bigger goal is 50 pounds before Thanksgiving, what do you think, think I will do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment