Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Today is another day, seems like an endless stream of these days; they start out on a positive step and then go downhill fast for one reason or another.  Might be the weather too, it's been cold the last few days and a bit rainy, you know the shitty kind of day here in Texas.  I am at 291.4, seem to be holding but that may be I missed a night or so and we did eat out on Sunday.  We were going to a dance on Sunday but it actually was on Saturday so we missed out on learning the Mambo.  Tina did hear of a little diner right near us that does a dance on Tuesday nights, Salsa and that sort.  We probably will check it out.  Speaking of Dance, we start the new class this week where we will be learning the Foxtrot, Waltz, Swing, and the TANGOOOO.  Wish me luck; my back has been giving me fits for two weeks now.

Today is my first day of therapy, working on my state of mind.  Should be interesting what falls out when she shakes my head.  I fear a great many things will rise to the surface and I will not be good company for a while.  I have already been doing a lot of thinking.  I am sure everyone does a lot of thinking when they are alone with themselves on the treadmill or whatever exercise.  I do more thinking while I swim and I just zone out on the treadmill.  I started sneaking a bit on the elliptical; I can do it for a minute at time and will be expanding that as I hope to use that machine in a few months when I can actually RUN!  (OK quit laughing; I know the thought of me running is funny.  The only way you could have gotten me to run before was to have a maniac with a large butcher knife chase me.)  I have great respect for those who can do the elliptical.  How do you do it, seriously?

Thought I would treat myself to something extra today.  I bought aquatic gloves and goggles.  The gloves will give my more resistance and help build those arm muscles (lord knows I need it).  The goggles are to protect my eyes from infections, my new friend at the gym, Marshall, says I need them.  He's another New Englander lost in Texas and wanting out.  He swims every morning like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment