Friday, October 12, 2012

Well for an Active Rest day I did pretty well, I dropped a whole pound.  I am now 290.  I guess it was the dance class because we TAAAAANNNNNNGGGGGGOOOOOOOOed!  Yes on our first class we learned the Waltz and the Tango.  Boy I tell you I was shocked, I expected to get a tango lesson closer to the 3rd or 4th week of class.  Granted it was just the initial steps, the Tango Basic and a Tango Close.  I did ok for a first time.  There were a lot more people in this class and some very enthusiastic ladies which made for a very fun class.  Tina was very good at the tango too.  I just can't wait for the belly to go away so I can really be in form for the dance, you know close and flowing as one with each other. 

The Waltz basic square is just like the Rumba except for the step you start out on and of course the turn is different.  Had a bit of a dilly of a time with that one once she added the stepping forward and turning to meet the lady half way through her turn.  I got small steps and need to step bigger to keep up.  I think this class will be more fun than the Latin dance well at least less confusing.

I didn't swim this early morning as I had to take Tina to work and will pick her up from work and take her to the airport to get a car.  She is driving with her sister and grandnephew to see Tesia this weekend.  They are going to a Tech football game...Go Raiders!  Yes I will be on my own for the weekend and I will survive (Laugh).  I plan to walk, swim, sew, pack, walk, swim, walk, swim, sew, pack, sew, walk, and swim.  Wow, I got a fun filled weekend ahead of me.   I might get a little dance practice in there too; grab the cat and whisk her around.  (Bet she will hate that and run and hide!)  I am listening to Tango music on my Pandora to get in the right frame of mind for the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment