Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Not much to say but it has been a long week with only one highlight and that was Saturday morning when I stepped on the scale at the gym and it read 281.8.  I am sticking to the diet, well not really a diet, just cut back (way back) on the amount of intake.  The food isn't the hard part; I am eating just about anything I want at this point just in small amounts.  I have limited myself to about 1200 calories a day, usually less.  The exercise was the problem, getting to the gym and now that has changed.  They opened the pool back up this morning at the gym close by me.  So now, I will be returning to the morning and night routines. 

I think the big problem with losing weight is the time it takes.  You only see a little bit at a time and that can be very depressing.  It's hard to see the changes in one's own body without really looking because you see yourself every day and the little changes just slip in.  Its only when you closely exam or think about the things one can do now like moving this way or that or seeing your toes do you get a sense of change.  I guess that's why a number of the books suggest taking pictures along the way.  (Gee and here I was taking pictures of the scenery!)  The exercise is hard only because of the aches and pains that comes with it but I keep telling myself it will get better and that I am just that a little closer to the end, the payoff, the reward, a thinner me.  That's what you have to keep telling yourself; well that's what I tell myself.  I do this for myself, so that I can be free to do as I please like riding roller coasts or scuba diving.  Yes, I would like to learn how to scuba dive.  I know I can do it; I set myself out to learn to dance and I did that.  Granted I don't dance that well but I do enjoy it. 


Other notes for today: I am still at 2 minutes 30 seconds for the elliptical; I swear I will get to 30 minutes some day on that son-of-a-bitch!  I worked on the second quilt last night and wasn't happy with the results.  I have to get that done by this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment