Friday, September 7, 2012

Last night was a blast.  It was much better than either of us expected and NOBODY laughed at us.  Everyone in the class was just as silly stumbling about to get the steps right.  I think I did pretty well as I got compliments from the other ladies in the class, we rotated partners all night.  It was almost impossible to spin Tina in sneakers so the Teacher, Elaine, gave her some slip-on things to go over the end of her sneakers to allow her to spin.  Tina had a great time and dance like an angel!  She put me to shame in the dancing. We learned the basic steps for the Rumba, Merengue, and the Salsa.  Just he simple basic steps and a spin added to each of them.  Now I know how dance partners signal each other when to spin.  The man is in charge and the woman follows (she doesn't have a wave-off signal).  The spins might be a bit of trouble as she is an inch or so taller than me (yeah I am short! What of it?).

We didn't walk last night as we decided the dancing for an hour counted as our 30 minute evening walk.  I did swim last night for an hour at 10pm in our pool.  Water was very warm almost like bath water.  It's been hot all week here in Texas.  Tonight is back at the gym for 30 minute walk, 30 minutes of strength training, and then 30 minutes of swimming.  We found a great machine that helps with the tummy muscles, like doing sit-ups while standing.

No comments:

Post a Comment