Monday, September 10, 2012

This morning was a cold one for Texas, was in the 60's.  Did my walk and swim with no problems.  My pool was warmer than the gym's pool last night.  I couldn't swim for the full hour last night; my muscles ached from the cold.  Yesterday was a good and bad day, we met with the trainer and he gave us suggestions, I need more water and Tina needs to put salt in half of hers (YUCK!) and we both need 1 more serving of veggies.  He is very pleased with what we have been doing for the past month.  Tina is down over 30 pounds and me well, I weighed in at 304.2 this morning so you do the math. ;-)   I am feeling the aches and pains all in my back and tonight is strength training night.  The Trainer also wants us to have 1 day of active rest, no exercising (boy, that's going to be tough for me as I got a big fire under my ass!).  We decided that it would be Thursdays as we have dancing on that night and it's awfully hard to get to the gym after dance, the dance class is on the other side of the city.

Speaking of dance, I got the steps down for all three dances and we cleared a place in the kitchen to dance.  Now we got a hard floor to practice on, YEAH!  We even went and got Tina some new dance shoes; we danced in the store to try them out and drew a crowd. (Blush.)  It felt good, no one laughed, just smiles.

The bad part of the day was the movie we saw, The Odd Life of Timothy Green.  It's a very good movie, very touching.  Don't expect to see this as a block-buster but it will be a silent favorite for most of us adults.  The move touched a very sore spot in both our hearts.  I don't normally cry while watching movies. (It's a guy thing!)  Well, I did all through this movie, we both did and after the movie we had very long cry when we got home.  Enough of the heartache talk and back to the journey at hand.  I am the ever more determined to complete this as fast as I can.  I am hoping to see 299 this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment