Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I started this blog not so others can read and follow my progress but for myself. A place to track my progress in losing 150 pounds and becoming a healthier me. I know it's a long hard task in front of me, I spent years, decades even, collecting this gross weight and it will take time to drop it. I reached bottom, being out of breath just living. My God, how did I get this way? Why did I do this to myself? I know the reason why and have set that as my reward. No I am not going to tell you my reward, that it is personal, very personal. I hope I can inspire others to make a chance in their lives. Probably not as I don't have a following.

Let me start the ball. I currently weight in at about 330+, give or take a few pounds depending upon if I had lunch or pooped. LOL (That was a joke to lighten the mood.) I once got up to 350+ several years back and did drop a few pounds just by cutting out the sodas. I know, I know. My eyes rolled too when I said it. We all (us fat people!) hear this same bullshit, "Just cut the sodas out and you drop all that weight...."(Said in a high pitched whiny voice) I do need to say something to all those who shake their fingers at fat people.... YES WE KNOW WE ARE FAT! It aint your deal to be our conscience. And NO! most fat people aren't lazy, it's just an overwhelming task and depressing as hell to even think about where to start. I hit rock bottom when I looked back at my life and saw I had more I-Should-Have's than I-Did's. I saw the life I wanted for myself and so missed out on it. I cried. Oh how I cried. (yes, men are allowed to cry these days. Didn't you get the memo, I certainly did.) I decided I wasn't going to roll over and let life pass me by. I have been too submissive and I need to take back what is mine, my life. The biggest thing that holds me back is my weight. I started walking every morning and night and swimming afterwards this past Monday and have not and WILL NOT give up. I asked for my reward and it was granted, so I know my task and what lies on the other side and I want to be there. Wish me luck! And if you see me with a big mac in my hand you have my permission to slap that shit out of my hand! (LOL, Another joke.)

1 comment:

  1. WTG! It is not an easy feat! The first thing I did to cut down on my weight was to never stop at a fast food joint... EVER! Well, except KFC because I love their coleslaw.

    Prayers are with you, and it really helps that you have a partner to work with you, encourage you and help you along.

    ReplyDelete